Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baby Cards

It has been a while since I made cards for my husbands work social club for giving. They needed two baby cards. One is a boy and the other is due but they are leaving it a surprise.  I enjoy coming up with colour combos that are a little different.


Pin It
I got out my baby bits and pieces.  This card started with some chipboard baby shapes.  I matched up some papers and I was away.  Some of my favourite elements stitching, buttons and it was done

Colours:  taken with teal, crumb cake, chocolate chip
Stamps: parateddy (EB), whimsical words (SU), grid (kaiser)
Finishing touches:  cappuchino bakers twine (the twinery), chipboard shapes (unknown), ribbon, buttons, stitching, copper embossing powder (AC), uppper crest border punch (fiskars)


The next one also started with the abc chipboard/sticker. Always a little tricker going gender neutral.  I found some papers that went with and built up the details from there.



Pin It
Colours: very vanilla, not quite navy, riding hood red, sage shadow
Stamps:  giraffe patchpals (CDS), postmarks (PTI), baby (kaiser)
Finishing touches:  chipboard (grace Taylor), buttons, papers (unknown), stitching, ribbon (SU)

1 comment:

Kris said...

These are fab Colleen! I find baby cards a challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...